Greater Community Bank Announces Lobby Reopening with New Business Hours June 1st
The past several months have been a challenge for the communities we serve, and the future of day-to-day operations will be brand new to all as local businesses begin reopening their doors. At Greater Community Bank, we thank you for the patience you have shown as we travel these uncharted waters together.
One important lesson that has become increasingly evident through these challenging times is that working with a community bank is more important than ever. We have processed approximately 306 Paycheck Protection Program loans for $47.5 million dollars, impacting over 8,000 jobs, and are working on round two of assisting small businesses in the communities we serve (and beyond). While our lobbies have been closed since March 17th, our online and mobile banking, as well as our drive-thru service, have been available for you. We encourage you to continue to use these options to meet your banking needs whenever possible as we collectively try to reduce the spread of the virus.
We are glad to welcome you back to our lobbies and want to let you know what you will experience when you visit us. Our lobbies will look and operate a little differently to protect the health and safety of both customers and employees.
We are pleased to announce that our Rome Main Office and Calhoun Office lobbies will be reopening for business beginning Monday, June 1st and will assume new business hours.
Drive-Thru 8:00am-5:00pm | Lobby 9:00am-4:00pm
Exclusive Banking Lobby Hours for Seniors (age 60+)
Rome Main Office Drive-Thru will be open from 9:00am-12:00pm
Our East Rome Office will continue to offer drive-thru service only, and our Cartersville Office will continue to meet with customers by appointment only until further notice.
As a reminder, our ATMs located in Rome and Calhoun do also have cash/check deposit-taking capability and are available 24/7. Contactless banking is also available through our 24/7 Mobile and Online Banking services.
Rome Main Office customers seeking appointments and access to safety deposit boxes are also encouraged to continue utilizing our rear entry for service. To schedule an appointment or gain access to your safety deposit box, please call 706.295.9300.
What You Can Expect In Our Lobbies
- First, we ask that if you feel sick or exhibit any signs of illness, please do not enter the building. This is for everyone's safety.
- We ask that the appropriate 6-feet-apart social distancing measures be followed. There will be markers to assist you. If the lobby area exceeds 8-10 people at a time and social distancing guidelines cannot be met, a staff member will be happy to make an appointment for you. We may also ask that you wait outside until others complete their banking.
- You will see that our Tellers and Retail Banking Associates will have protective glass shields to keep everyone safe. Some of our employees will also be wearing facemasks and gloves.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at various areas of our lobby.
- All of our work stations, drive-thru canisters and all high-traffic areas will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis. Customers are encouraged to take the bank pen they have used during their visit. Any pens left behind will be sanitized each day.
- At this time we will not plan to check temperatures of our guests visiting our lobbies. We do encourage customers to wear facemasks and gloves, however, as recommended by the CDC. Please note customers may be asked to remove facemasks or coverings for identification purposes, and we kindly ask that customers comply with this request.
We plan to continue to operate under local, statewide, and national guidelines. We understand these guidelines are subject to change as we actively monitor local policy developed by cities and counties.
We encourage our customers to continue to adhere to the most current CDC recommendations for protecting yourself and others against COVID-19. For more information on the most up-to-date CDC guidelines, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We look forward to working with you inside our lobbies, in our drive-thru or online and sincerely thank you for your patience as we all learn to navigate a new normal.