Greater Community Bank is looking for outgoing, career-driven team members who are ready to make a contribution to the bank's success and to the communities in which we serve.
GCB offers excellent employment packages including paid vacation time, holiday pay, sick time, health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. Competitive 401(k) plan, cafeteria 125 plan, and much more are available.
If you have a winning personality, enjoy helping others, and are ready to join the GCB team, please submit a resume along with a cover letter including salary requirements. Please submit your resume by applying below.
Greater Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Human Resources Director
- Commercial Lending Officer
- Retail Banking Associate
- Loan Specialist
- Credit Analyst
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the management of the routine activities of the human resources of the Bank. This position is also responsible for implementing policies for the personnel functions of the Bank, including compensation, benefits, and employment, and ensuring that the policies are administered and systematically reviewed and enforced.
Reports To: Bank President/Chief Operations Officer
Human Resources Duties
- Supports the mission, core values, and code of ethics of the Bank.
- Collaborates with Executive Management to understand the organizational goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention; maintains open communication with members of Executive Management on these efforts.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance, company culture, and strategy needs; communicates policies and processes with staff as needed.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions.)
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex employee relations issues; conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff; provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Backup and review the semi-monthly payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of all payroll transactions (including salaries, bonuses, incentives, commissions, benefits, garnishment, taxes, and other deductions); backup and review records for all payroll and tax reporting filings; provide backup for monthly reconciliations of the General Ledgers’ payroll and tax accounts.
- Oversees the new hire orientation experience: including generating term letters for candidates, coordinating pre-hire screenings, conducting new hire HR compliance training, etc.
- Manages the Bank’s group insurance benefits (Health, Dental, Life, LTD, STD, Vision, etc.); oversees annual open enrollment, employee benefit changes, and new employee enrollment; reconciles and completes payments for monthly billing of benefits.
- Backup and review employee retirement benefits, (401(K), ESOP, etc.), annual KSOP timeline including 401(K) compliance testing, Form 5500, SSA-8855, diversification/distribution scheduling, stock purchases, payroll contributions and new hire training & enrollment; generate monthly reports and verification of accounts as needed.
- Manages employee leave requests in compliance with company policy and federal regulations including FMLA, vacations, sick leave, etc.; completes daily attendance reporting and monthly vacation calendars.
- Manages the employee performance review programs, including scheduling introductory reviews & overseeing annual performance evaluations.
- Manages and oversees the employee’s Wellness programs and initiatives; facilitates the Greater Wellness Warrior committee meetings and events.
- Manages HR records, files, and retention in accordance with federal/state regulations; completes and conducts audits periodically to review for accuracy.
- Completes and provides reports for Executive Management on compensation, employment retention, turnover, overtime, incentive pay, FMLA, etc.
- Completes annual review of employee bank accounts.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate discretion; keeps confidential information private.
- Demonstrates sound ethical and legal standards Represents the Bank in a professional manner in all co-worker and customer interaction.
- Support of other operations functions as coordinated with Bank’s Executive Management.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 3 years HR experience
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency
Greater Community Bank is looking for a detail-oriented and motivated Credit Analyst to gather, underwrite, and monitor credit and financial information for new and existing Bank customers. This position assesses and evaluates all opportunities and risks associated with consumer and commercial loan proposals for the Bank to base lending authority. The Credit Analyst also provides other support to the lending and credit administration functions of the Bank.
- Analyzes credit data and financial statements of individuals or businesses to identify the degree of risk involved in lending money and/or extending credit.
- For individuals, performs research to verify employment and income, inspects reports from credit reporting agencies, and reviews FICO scores.
- For businesses, compares to similar businesses in terms of liquidity, profitability, and credit histories.
- Understands and utilizes the Bank’s Loan Policy and underwriting guidelines to identify exceptions when creating reports; Maintains reasonable knowledge of the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and other regulatory requirements specific to credit analysis.
- Uses computer software to further evaluate customers financial status and produce financial ratios.
- Determines the expected profitability of loans by analyzing business financial data including quality of management, income growth, and market shares.
- Provides recommendations for credit approval or denial to the Lending team; Assists Lenders in the presentation of financial & credit information at the Bank’s loan committees and/or Board of Directors meetings.
- Assist lenders in setting interest rates and minimum or maximum terms of repayment for customers based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Complete and submit quarterly Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance; Previous experience in banking or credit analysis is a plus.
- Strong organizational and analytic ability with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to identify discrepancies and address time-sensitive issues quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to represent the Bank in a positive way when dealing with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as analysis software.
- Desire to expand product knowledge and procedural skills.
Greater Community Bank is looking for a self-starting, organized, and motivated Commercial Lending Officer to attract and retail profitable loan and deposit relationships through relationship building and active outside business development activities.
- Identifies and cultivates prospects for the Bank that match desired growth strategies.
- Develops and implements a call strategy to foster business development consistent with the Bank’s business development initiatives.
- Identifies customer needs and takes appropriate action to meet these needs.
- Represents the Bank and provides leadership in key community activities.
- Develops clear strategies to meet or exceed defined business development goals.
- Extends credit within lending authority to qualified borrowers for various purposes on assorted terms through mortgage, consumer, commercial, and installment loans.
- Collects necessary information to determine customer requirements, and the best products or services to accomplish the objective.
- Expands customer relationships by proactively reviewing customer needs and investigates any significant changes in status of existing relationships.
- Actively promotes and refers business to other areas of the Bank.
Relationships Management with Existing Customers
- Identifies key customer relationships based on profitability and the relationship to the Bank; reviews and proactively meets with these customers to build the relationships.
- Serves as the relationship manager and a liaison between the customer and the other areas of the Bank in resolving customer problems and meeting the customer needs.
- Formulates a strategy to work positively with the client to resolve issues should a client’s loan become past due.
Compliance and Documentation
- Obtains and analyzes all necessary and personal financial data, checks credit standing, and makes loan decisions within established limits and policy; refers applications in excess to superior.
- Keeps loan files up-to-date, answers credit inquiries, and prepares memos for credit files on all new and renewed loans
- Follows loans to ensure conformity with terms and keep payments and collateral value up to date.
- Prepares and recommends credit policies for direct loan products to the corporate credit policy committee for their approval.
- Accepts responsibility for the asset quality of the consumer, mortgage, or commercial loan portfolio, including authorization of credit authority, underwriting standards, and effective procedures to monitor respective loans to assure quality and adequate documentation.
- Monitors loans for regulatory compliance, including documentation, record keeping, origination, collection laws, and regulatory reports.
- Develops and implements clear strategies to meet profitability goals, loan volume goals, loan quality goals, and charge off goals.
- Maintains a reasonable knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering Policies and regulatory requirements that are specific to this position.
- Knows customers and their needs.
- Stays connected with customers.
- Anticipates customer needs.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer needs.
- Resolves customer problems quickly, keeping them informed throughout the process.
- Maximizes the right product and service mix with customers to help the customer achieve key objectives.
- Embraces vision, goals, and expectations of the Bank, department, and role.
- Develops action plans to achieve vision, goals, and expectations for position.
- Meets with others to understand how your actions impact others, departmental success, and company success.
- Identifies and focuses on the actions and steps that are within his/her control to achieve success.
- Takes action to achieve success without having to be told to do so.
- Recognizes when plans should change to achieve goals and acts.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and developments in community banking services and marketing.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in commercial and/or consumer lending.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Effective at diplomatic communications with customers requiring credit problem resolution.
- Self-starter with good organizational skills, detail-oriented, and goal-focused.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and financial spreadsheet programs.
Retail Banking Associate – Full-Time & Part-Time Positions Available in Rome
The Retail Banking Associate will provide superior customer service, assess customer needs, and advise on the most appropriate bank products and services to meet their goals. Individuals will be positive, energetic, and able to handle all aspects of the position in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in conducting financial transactions at the teller line and new account desk
- Open new accounts, collect necessary account documentation and perform electronic banking maintenance
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing customers
- Manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and goals
- Excellent communication, listening and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to understand and comply with bank policies and regulations, including BSA/AML policies, CIP requirements, bank security and others as required
- Positions will be based in Rome, but may require travel to Calhoun and Cartersville to assist with branch operations
Requirements: 2 years of banking experience and/or 4 years of retail cash handling experience in a retail environment; proficient in Microsoft Office applications; and High School Diploma / GED.
Greater Community Bank is looking for a self-starting and organized Loan Officer Assistant to assist in managing loan requests for the Bank. This position is responsible for creating, processing, and reviewing commercial and consumer loan packages for the Bank’s lending officers.
- Reviews and books all loan including consumer, commercial, participation and SBA loan documentation packages in the bank’s systems.
- Performs quality control review of loan requests and packages, ensuring accuracy and completeness of credit and pre-closing documentation prior to loan documentation.
- Reviews entity documents to verify business structure and identify authorized signers. Utilize all systems in place to clear loan files to be processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies Loan Officers of pending items needed to process file according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines; Daily loan General Ledger balancing, as assigned.
- Communicates with outside vendors, not limited to Settlement/Title Companies, Insurance Companies, Attorneys, and County recorder of deed offices.
- Posts payments, draws, and principal reductions for current loan customers.
- Processes loan billing notices and statements; Processes loan payoffs.
- Prepares Credit Memos for appropriate loan approval with the assistance of Bank’s Credit Analysts.
- Maintains reasonable knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and regulatory requirements specific to bank lending.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree or certification in related discipline desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in loan documentation preparation preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory requirements for bank documentation.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality and address time sensitive issues quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills to represent the Bank in a positive way when dealing with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; prior knowledge of banking software including LaserPro and the Fiserv platform is a plus!